Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rose is a rose, called by any name?

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Well Mr.Shakespeare, I am not sure everyone agrees with you.

From the time I started blogging which I thought are my stupid thoughts, :) the few people who started reading it, started commenting about the name. Don't call it stupid. Well i never bothered to change it, cos i write so little and so inconsistently. But when suddenly i got 3 requests (or threats) from my friends on changing the name on the same day, well may be I ought to listen to them. I don't want to reduce my reader's list from 10 to 7.

Another thought that went through my head was, when parents name their kid, some do a lot of research or get suggestions from friends or decide to give the baby a suited name. Others just give them some name. My blog got the second deal. And as an arrogant parent i thought, well he got a name - he won't change it. Times are changing and kids if they don't like their name will change it themself.

So here it goes.... i have rechristened my blog. My dear blog, you are no longer stupid...

8 comments:

A K said...

finally!

The Minking Than said...

These ideas ain't stupid and the frequency ain't low. Good work. There are places that calls for modesty, but web is not one of them :)

Nithin Rajan said...

hey, me too know you from alc & ted:)
i have been getting threats too, haven't given in yet :)

Anonymous said...

You should have stuck with stupid; if you wanted more readers :D
Cause people have this habit of taking interest on weird stuff - and if it comes in the form of weird names even better!

But then I actually bother a lot on what I am called, having this feeling of being able to associate with only one name - which happens to be different from what my parents gave me. And since the blog is not going to tell you it doesnt like that name, maybe its good you take care of it yourself. :-)

Anonymous said...

heh!? a bit late to see the change in name, but, happy to see that you have become a more active blogger :-)

Tedy Kanjirathinkal said...

:-) rosaappooo chinna rosaappoo

Meghna said...

Hey......I think I like this one....but what was it earlier???

Tedy Kanjirathinkal said...

@Meghna, it was "My stupid thoughts" earlier :-)